Yost Field House, Basketball Court, bleachers being assembled / HS3024
About this Item
- Yost Field House, Basketball Court, bleachers being assembled
- 1960 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- Athletic Department (University of Michigan) records
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. Athletic Dept.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Misc. Photos - Facilities - Yost Field House
- Photographer / Artist
- University of Michigan. News and Information Services.
- Built in 1923 by Smith, Hinchman & Grylls Associates, this structure was designed for indoor track events and intercollegiate sports, particularly football, baseball, basketball, and track athletics. Originally named the Yost Field House after U-M football coach Fielding Harris Yost (1921-1941), the building was remodeled in November of 1973 and renamed Yost Ice Arena.
- See: http://umhistory.dc.umich.edu/mort/athletic/Yost%20Fieldhouse/index.htm
- Yost Field House (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- University of Michigan--Basketball
- Field houses
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Scan Source
- 7.4 x 9.4 inches Photo Print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-03-12 02:50:09
- Image Size
- 11392 x 8929
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Individuals depicted in an image may retain personal pbulicity rights. If you have questions about the image or collection, please contact the BHL-Reference Dept. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, pleasecontact BHL-Image Bank.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Yost Field House, Basketball Court, bleachers being assembled; HS3024". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-hs3024/hs3024. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed January 28, 2023.