- View of the New Steam Heating Plant, 1916 (#5) [dark smoke from stack]
- Collection Title
- Buildings and Grounds Dept. (University of Michigan) records
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. Buildings and Grounds Dept.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Photos, Central Heating Plant and Heating Tunnels, 1916 (#5)
- Plant designed by A. Harvey's Sons Manufacturing Company, Ltd. Built in 1894. Also called Central Heating Plant and University Heating Plant. Ceased to function as a heating plant with the construction of the Washington Street plant in 1914. Used as an Engineering laboratory from 1914-1923. Then used by the R.O.T.C. as their headquarters from 1923-1942. The east stack was removed in 1948 and the rest of the building was demolished in 1959.
- Boiler House (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1911-1920
- Heating plants--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Smokestacks--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Scan Source
- Photo Print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-03-15 00:17:36
32712 images/descriptions are openly available.
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Add to Portfolio