Floorplan, Phoenix Memorial Laboratory / HS2056
About this Item
- Floorplan, Phoenix Memorial Laboratory
- 1962-1964 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- Michigan Memorial Phoenix Project records
- Collection Creator
- Michigan Memorial Phoenix Project.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- History: "Future" files, 1962-1964 & undated
- The Michigan Memorial Phoenix project started in 1948 to find peacetime applications for atomic energy. Originally, it included a laboratory, greenhouse, and the Ford Nuclear Reactor. The Michigan Memorial Phoenix Project building was completed in 1955 and designed by Cornelius Gabler. The greenhouse was replaced by an addition in 2013. The Ford Nuclear Reactor was built between 1955-1956 as an addition to the laboratory by architect Smith, Hinchman & Grylls Associates and deactivated in July 2003.
- Michigan Memorial Phoenix Project
- Architecture--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Laboratories--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Nuclear reactors -- Michigan -- Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Architectural drawings; Floor plans;
- Item Number
- Scan Source
- Printed Item
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-03-15 05:59:24
- Image Size
- 5093 x 6558
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The Bentley Historical Library provides access to this image for educational and research purposes. This image may be under copyright. Individuals depicted in an image may retain personal publicity rights. If you decide to use this image, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the image or collection, please contact the BHL-Reference Dept. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, pleasecontact BHL-Image Bank.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Floorplan, Phoenix Memorial Laboratory; HS2056". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-hs2056/hs2056. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed January 30, 2023.