Print showing exterior of Hill Auditorium [BL005046] / HS1800



file_download Download image 146 x 108 (JPEG) 293 x 216 (JPEG) 586 x 432 (JPEG) 1172 x 865 (JPEG) 2344 x 1730 (JPEG) 4688 x 3460 (JPEG)

About this Item

Record Details

Print showing exterior of Hill Auditorium [BL005046]
Collection Title
University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
Collection Creator
Bentley Historical Library (collector)
Box / Drawer
UBImus D13
Folder / Container / Volume
204: Campus Bldgs., Hill Auditorium
Albert Kahn and Ernest Wilby, architects. Constructed on the site of the old Winchell House on North University Avenue. The building was completed in 1913 and is named after Regent Arthur Hill, who bequeathed more than half the cost of the building. Originally seated an audience of 4,300 and housed the original Frieze Memorial Organ from 1913-1928. When the organ was replaced, the name was retained. The building was renovated from 2002-2004 by Albert Kahn Associates (Project Architects & Engineers) and Quinn Evans/Architects (Historic Preservation Architects).
Item Number
Finding Aid
Scan Source
Printed Item
Bentley Historical Library
Date Added/Updated
2016-03-15 02:41:21

Technical Details

Image Size
4688 x 3460
File Size
4 MB
Link to this Item

Rights and Permissions

This image may be protected by copyright law.


Cite this Item

View the Help Guide for more information.

Full citation
"Print showing exterior of Hill Auditorium [BL005046]; HS1800". University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 05, 2022.