- Steam Heating Plant behind University Hall on northwest portion of Central Campus, ca. 1898
- 1898 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- David A. Forbes photograph collection.
- Collection Creator
- Forbes, David A. (David Arthur)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Lloyd W. Gordon, architect. In 1879 a campus heating plant and coal sheds were built on central campus just east of University Hall. In 1894, a new heating plant (Boiler House) was built at the southeast corner of central campus. The University Hall heating plant was then used by Buildings and Grounds from 1894-1915. From 1915-1923 the building was used as a fire station.
- Campus Heating Plant (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1891-1900
- Heating plants--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Scan Source
- 3.6 x 4.5 inches photo
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2017-05-11 00:14:25
31782 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
- Add to Portfolio