New Swimming Pool, Intramural Sports Building / HS15303
About this Item
- New Swimming Pool, Intramural Sports Building
- Collection Title
- Alumni Association (University of Michigan) records
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. Alumni Association.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Folder: Intramural Sports Building
- Smith, Hinchman & Grylls Associates, architecture firm. Inspired by Fielding H. Yost's enthusiasm and support of athletics for all, this building opened in October 1928 and was the first university-owned structure in the nation devoted primarily to intramural sports (Encyclopedic Survey, p. 1988).
- Another vintage print of this image (with some chemical damage) is in Mortimer Cooley papers... hs7580.
- Intramural Sports Building (University of Michigan)
- Interiors--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Swimming pools--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Scan Source
- 4.4 x 6.4 inches photo
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-07-26 01:44:40
- Image Size
- 7793 x 5351
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The Bentley Historical Library provides access to this image for educational and research purposes. This image may be under copyright. Individuals depicted in an image may retain personal publicity rights. If you decide to use this image, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the image or collection, please contact the BHL-Reference Dept. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, pleasecontact BHL-Image Bank.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"New Swimming Pool, Intramural Sports Building; HS15303". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-hs15303/hs15303. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed January 28, 2023.