- Girls seated in the dining hall of Martha Cook Building
- Collection Title
- Ruth Balsam Germann papers, 1912-1978.
- Collection Creator
- Ruth Balsam Germann
- Box / Drawer
- Outsize box
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Scrapbook (misc. items in envelope)
- Photographer / Artist
- Daines & Nickels, Ann Arbor, MI
- York & Sawyer, architecture firm. Construction begun in 1911, completed 1914. Located on a block between South University Avenue and Tappan Avenue. The Martha Cook Building was erected as a residence for women, a gift of William Wilson Cook ('80) in honor of his mother, Martha Walford Cook. Land to the east of the original building site (the old Condon home) was purchased in 1918 as a garden area.
- Garden replanted in 1921 by Samuel Parsons of New York City. Statue of Portia above door was sculpted in marble in the Piccirilli Studio, N.Y.; donated by Cook in 1918.
- Martha Cook Building (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Student housing
- University of Michigan--Students
- Dining rooms--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Dormitories--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Interiors--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Scan Source
- 6.2 x 9 inches photo
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-07-26 00:19:01
31492 images/descriptions are openly available.
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Add to Portfolio