Campus. Burton Tower. Summer 1948 / HS14635
About this Item
- Campus. Burton Tower. Summer 1948
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan News and Information Services Photographs
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. News and Information Services. Photographs.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Burton Tower - exterior - summer, 1948, Burt - 12
- Photographer / Artist
- University of Michigan. News and Information Services.
- Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Dedicated on December 4, 1936. Named for Dr. Marion LeRoy Burton, University President from 1920-1925. The carillon in bell chamber was donated in 1935 by Charles Baird, a former athletic director and University graduate of the class of 1895.
- Baird Carillon (University of Michigan)
- Burton Tower (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1941-1950
- Diagonal (University of Michigan)
- Bell towers--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Carillons--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Source of Title
- negative sleeve
- Scan Source
- 4.6 x 3.5 inches original negative
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-03-16 03:24:41
- Image Size
- 8577 x 11135
- File Size
- 5 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Individuals depicted in an image may retain personal pbulicity rights. If you have questions about the image or collection, please contact the BHL-Reference Dept. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, pleasecontact BHL-Image Bank.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Campus. Burton Tower. Summer 1948; HS14635". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-hs14635/hs14635. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed January 29, 2023.