- Ruthven Museums Building / 'new' University Museum (Kahn building) [late 20th c. print from original Swain negative]
- Collection Title
- George Robert Swain photographs and papers
- Collection Creator
- Swain, George Robert, 1966-1947
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UM Museum Bldgs.
- Albert Kahn Associates, architecture firm. Opened in 1928 and originally called the University Museums Building, which housed four museums: Museum of Anthropological Archaeology, Museum of Paleontology, Museum of Zoology, and University Herbarium. Later housed the Museum of Natural History, which was officially created in 1956. Renamed the Alexander G. Ruthven Museums Building in 1968.
- Alexander G. Ruthven Museums Building (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- University Museums Building (University of Michigan)
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Galleries & museums--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Scan Source
- 7.4 x 9.4 inches photoprint
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2017-05-11 00:12:10
32285 images/descriptions are openly available.
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Add to Portfolio