Martha Cook 25th Anniversary Tea, 12 October 1940 / HS13749



file_download Download image 150 x 110 (JPEG) 301 x 221 (JPEG) 602 x 443 (JPEG) 1205 x 887 (JPEG) 2411 x 1774 (JPEG) 4823 x 3549 (JPEG)

About this Item

Record Details

Martha Cook 25th Anniversary Tea, 12 October 1940
19401012 (ca.)
Collection Title
Ivory Photo photograph collection
Collection Creator
Ivory Photo (Firm)
Box / Drawer
Folder / Container / Volume
18-61; 1. Martha Cook [...]
York & Sawyer, architecture firm. Construction begun in 1911, completed 1914. Located on a block between South University Avenue and Tappan Avenue. The Martha Cook Building was erected as a residence for women, a gift of William Wilson Cook ('80) in honor of his mother, Martha Walford Cook. Land to the east of the original building site (the old Condon home) was purchased in 1918 as a garden area.
Garden replanted in 1921 by Samuel Parsons of New York City. Statue of Portia above door was sculpted in marble in the Piccirilli Studio, N.Y.; donated by Cook in 1918.
Item Number
Finding Aid
Source of Title
Scan Source
2.9 x 4 inches Original Negative
Bentley Historical Library
Date Added/Updated
2016-03-14 23:57:30

Technical Details

Image Size
4823 x 3549
File Size
6 MB
Link to this Item

Rights and Permissions

Creative Commons License
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License


Cite this Item

View the Help Guide for more information.

Full citation
"Martha Cook 25th Anniversary Tea, 12 October 1940; HS13749". University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 04, 2022.