Interior of Alumnae Residence, fire in fireplace. ca.1917 / HS13119
About this Item
- Interior of Alumnae Residence, fire in fireplace. ca.1917
- 1917 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- Alumnae Council (University of Michigan) records
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. Alumnae Council.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Alumnae House, ca. 1917
- The first Alumnae House was located at 1227 Washtenaw Ave and was demolished in 1926. That same year, the residence moved to 1219 Washtenaw Ave. This property, the former home of Judge Harriman, was purchased as a result of an active campaign for funds by the Women's League. In 1944 the name of the residence was changed to Mary Markley House. In 1950 the house, found to be in poor condition, was closed. Afterwards, the building was used by the Engineering Research Institute. The name Mary Markley was used for another residence hall built in 1954 on a different site.
- Alumnae House (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Student housing--1911-1920
- Dormitories--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Houses--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Interiors--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Scan Source
- 8.5 x 7.0 inches Photo Print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-03-16 01:18:45
- Image Size
- 5088 x 4175
- File Size
- 1 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
- In public portfolios
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Interior of Alumnae Residence, fire in fireplace. ca.1917; HS13119". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-hs13119/hs13119. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed September 29, 2022.