U-M Stadium, aerial view / HS12258
About this Item
- U-M Stadium, aerial view
- Collection Title
- Athletic Department (University of Michigan) records
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. Athletic Dept.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- SID Football Photos Facilities M Stadium
- Bernard Green (UM Eng. 1891) of the Osborn Engineering Company of Cleveland, lead architect. Also known as "The Big House," excavation for the stadium began in September 1926 and construction was completed by October 1927. The stadium has undergone numerous improvements and renovations, which include an expansion project by the architectural firm Venturi, Scott-Brown and Associates in 1997; and another renovation and expansion project by the firm HNTB Architecture in 2010.
- Kenneth C. Black and Daniel L. Dworsky, architects. Crisler Arena construction completed in 1967 with multiple renovations starting in 1998. Originally called the University Events Building and was renamed Crisler Arena in 1970. In 2012, with the addition of the The William Davidson Player Development Center, the name was changed to Crisler Center.
- Crisler Arena (University of Michigan)
- Michigan Stadium (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Aerial views
- University of Michigan--Athletic Campus
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Arenas--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Stadiums--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Scan Source
- 1.3 x 0.9 inches 35mm color slide
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-03-12 01:35:24
- Image Size
- 1618 x 1076
- File Size
- 166 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"U-M Stadium, aerial view; HS12258". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-hs12258/hs12258. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed September 28, 2022.