Intramural Sports Building, ca. 1940 / HS11006
About this Item
- Intramural Sports Building, ca. 1940
- 1940 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Box / Drawer
- UBImus D13-212
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Intramural Sports Building
- Smith, Hinchman & Grylls Associates, architecture firm. Inspired by Fielding H. Yost's enthusiasm and support of athletics for all, this building opened in October 1928 and was the first university-owned structure in the nation devoted primarily to intramural sports (Encyclopedic Survey, p. 1988).
- 2 scans: 1 of 2 = full page, 2 of 2 = photo.
- Intramural Sports Building (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1931-1940
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Scan Source
- 5.8 x 8 inches photo print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-03-12 04:11:42
- Image Size
- 4846 x 3510
- File Size
- 695 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
- In public portfolios
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Intramural Sports Building, ca. 1940; HS11006". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-hs11006/hs11006. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed October 01, 2022.