Michigan Stadium in winter after snowfall, looking toward press box / BL019481
About this Item
- Michigan Stadium in winter after snowfall, looking toward press box
- 1990s (ca.)
- Collection Title
- Athletic Department (University of Michigan) records
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. Athletic Dept.
- Box / Drawer
- 12 A
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Folder: Photos, Michigan Stadim
- Photographer / Artist
- Per Kjeldsen
- Bernard Green (UM Eng. 1891) of the Osborn Engineering Company of Cleveland, lead architect. Also known as "The Big House," excavation for the stadium began in September 1926 and construction was completed by October 1927. Previously, Michigan football games were held on Ferry Field. The stadium has undergone numerous improvements and renovations, which include an expansion project by the architectural firm Venturi, Scott-Brown and Associates in 1997; and another renovation and expansion project by the firm HNTB Architecture in 2010.
- Michigan Stadium (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1991-2000
- Snow--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Stadiums--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 35mm color slide
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-03-10 01:27:29
- Image Size
- 6000 x 3927
- File Size
- 269 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Michigan Stadium in winter after snowfall, looking toward press box; BL019481". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl019481/bl019481. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed September 27, 2022.