Michigan Stadium Southeast gate, ca. 1998 / BL019351
About this Item
- Michigan Stadium Southeast gate, ca. 1998
- Collection Title
- Athletic Department (University of Michigan) records
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. Athletic Dept.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Folder: binder
- Bernard Green (UM Eng. 1891) of the Osborn Engineering Company of Cleveland, lead architect. Also known as "The Big House," excavation for the stadium began in September 1926 and construction was completed by October 1927. Previously, Michigan football games were held on Ferry Field. The stadium has undergone numerous improvements and renovations, which include an expansion project by the architectural firm Venturi, Scott-Brown and Associates in 1997; and another renovation and expansion project by the firm HNTB Architecture in 2010.
- Michigan Stadium (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1991-2000
- Gates--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Stadiums--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 4x6 color print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-03-10 04:20:25
- Image Size
- 6134 x 4418
- File Size
- 1 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The Bentley Historical Library provides access to this image for educational and research purposes. This image may be under copyright. Individuals depicted in an image may retain personal publicity rights. If you decide to use this image, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the image or collection, please contact the BHL-Reference Dept. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, please contact BHL-Image Bank.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Michigan Stadium Southeast gate, ca. 1998; BL019351". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl019351/bl019351. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 09, 2023.