- Michigan Stadium, aerial view, vs MSU. 1969
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan News and Information Services Photographs
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. News and Information Services. Photographs.
- Box / Drawer
- 3 Ser G
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Photographer / Artist
- University of Michigan. News and Information Service.
- Bernard Green (UM Eng. 1891) of the Osborn Engineering Company of Cleveland, lead architect. Also known as "The Big House," excavation for the stadium began in September 1926 and construction was completed by October 1927. Previously, Michigan football games were held on Ferry Field. The stadium has undergone numerous improvements and renovations, which include an expansion project by the architectural firm Venturi, Scott-Brown and Associates in 1997; and another renovation and expansion project by the firm HNTB Architecture in 2010.
- Michigan Stadium (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Aerial views--1951-1960
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1951-1960
- Sports spectators--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Stadiums--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Aerial photographs;
- Item Number
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 5x7 color transparency (cropped 5.1x2.9)
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-03-10 04:41:40
32373 images/descriptions are openly available.
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Add to Portfolio