Michigan Stadium, aerial view, 1937 / BL012165
About this Item
- Michigan Stadium, aerial view, 1937
- Collection Title
- Athletic Department (University of Michigan) records
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. Athletic Dept.
- Box / Drawer
- 11 out.
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Photographer / Artist
- H. H. Harris
- Bernard Green (UM Eng. 1891) of the Osborn Engineering Company of Cleveland, lead architect. Also known as "The Big House," excavation for the stadium began in September 1926 and construction was completed by October 1927. Previously, Michigan football games were held on Ferry Field. The stadium has undergone numerous improvements and renovations, which include an expansion project by the architectural firm Venturi, Scott-Brown and Associates in 1997; and another renovation and expansion project by the firm HNTB Architecture in 2010.
- Michigan Stadium (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Aerial views--1931-1940
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1931-1940
- Stadiums--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Aerial photographs;
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2016-03-08 05:57:15
- Image Size
- 6509 x 5085
- File Size
- 772 KB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Michigan Stadium, aerial view, 1937; BL012165". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl012165/bl012165. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed September 29, 2022.