- South Department. and Annex of University Hospital, 8 September 1928
- 1928 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- Ivory Photo photograph collection
- Collection Creator
- Ivory Photo (Firm)
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Folder: UM-Buildings & Views-University Hospital
- Photographer / Artist
- Ivory Photo (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- Stanton & Kirby, architecture firm. Built between 1899-1900. The Homeopathic Hospital was housed in this building until the Homeopathic Medical College was discontinued in 1922. In May, 1926, the building was designated by the Regents as "South Department Hospital." The Regents' Proceedings for September, 1940, notes that "in view of the fact that the South Department of the University Hospital, so-called, is no longer used for hospital purposes but is occupied by the University Extension Service, the Naval R.O.T.C. unit the building was redesignated as North Hall." From 1949-1951 Army and Air Force R.O.T.C. also were also housed in the building. In 2015, the building was demolished to allow for construction of the Biological Sciences Building.
- Verso inscribed: "North Hall & Museums Annex (Old Homeopathic Hosp. & Nurses Quarters)."
- 5 x 7 inch negative (filed with Hospitals); 8 x 10 inch print 1983 Sturgis.
- South Department Hospital (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan. University Hospital
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1921-1930
- Ann Arbor (Mich.)
- Hospitals--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 4.5 x 6.4 inch original negative
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2018-02-28 16:57:58
32712 images/descriptions are openly available.
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Add to Portfolio