South Department. and Annex of University Hospital, 8 September 1928 / BL006284

Viewer

Actions

file_download Download image 240 x 168 (JPEG) 480 x 337 (JPEG) 961 x 675 (JPEG) 1923 x 1350 (JPEG) 3847 x 2701 (JPEG) 7695 x 5403 (JPEG)

About this Item

Record Details

Title
South Department. and Annex of University Hospital, 8 September 1928
Date
1928 (ca.)
Collection Title
Ivory Photo photograph collection
Collection Creator
Ivory Photo (Firm)
Box / Drawer
27
Folder / Container / Volume
Folder: UM-Buildings & Views-University Hospital
Photographer / Artist
Ivory Photo (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
Notes
Stanton & Kirby, architecture firm. Built between 1899-1900. The Homeopathic Hospital was housed in this building until the Homeopathic Medical College was discontinued in 1922. In May, 1926, the building was designated by the Regents as "South Department Hospital." The Regents' Proceedings for September, 1940, notes that "in view of the fact that the South Department of the University Hospital, so-called, is no longer used for hospital purposes but is occupied by the University Extension Service, the Naval R.O.T.C. unit the building was redesignated as North Hall." From 1949-1951 Army and Air Force R.O.T.C. also were also housed in the building. In 2015, the building was demolished to allow for construction of the Biological Sciences Building.
Verso inscribed: "North Hall & Museums Annex (Old Homeopathic Hosp. & Nurses Quarters)."
5 x 7 inch negative (filed with Hospitals); 8 x 10 inch print 1983 Sturgis.
Item Number
BL006284
Finding Aid
umich-bhl-92324
Source of Title
verso
Scan Source
4.5 x 6.4 inch original negative
Repository
Bentley Historical Library
Date Added/Updated
2018-02-28 16:57:58

Technical Details

Image Size
7695 x 5403
File Size
6 MB
Record
BL006284
Link to this Item
https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl006284/bl006284

Rights and Permissions

Creative Commons License
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License

Manifest
https://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/i/image/api/manifest/bhl:BL006284:BL006284

Cite this Item

View the Help Guide for more information.

Full citation
"South Department. and Annex of University Hospital, 8 September 1928; BL006284". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl006284/bl006284. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed September 25, 2022.