North Hall and Museum Annex (Old Homeopathic Hospital and Nurse's Quarters), ca. 1928-1930 / BL006271

Viewer

Actions

file_download Download image 136 x 177 (JPEG) 273 x 354 (JPEG) 547 x 709 (JPEG) 1095 x 1418 (JPEG) 2190 x 2836 (JPEG) 4381 x 5673 (JPEG)

About this Item

Record Details

Title
North Hall and Museum Annex (Old Homeopathic Hospital and Nurse's Quarters), ca. 1928-1930
Date
1928/1930 (ca.)
Collection Title
Ivory Photo photograph collection
Collection Creator
Ivory Photo (Firm)
Box / Drawer
19
Folder / Container / Volume
North Hall & Museums Annex (Old Hospital & Nurses' Quarters)
Photographer / Artist
Ivory Photo (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
Notes
Stanton & Kirby, architecture firm. Built between 1899-1900. The Homeopathic Hospital was housed in this building until the Homeopathic Medical College was discontinued in 1922. In May, 1926, the building was designated by the Regents as "South Department Hospital." The Regents' Proceedings for September, 1940, notes that "in view of the fact that the South Department of the University Hospital, so-called, is no longer used for hospital purposes but is occupied by the University Extension Service, the Naval R.O.T.C. unit the building was redesignated as North Hall." From 1949-1951 Army and Air Force R.O.T.C. also were also housed in the building. In 2015, the building was demolished to allow for construction of the Biological Sciences Building.
Inscribed on verso: "(Later) Museums Annex (right) & part of North Hall (Old Hospital, South Dept.)."
4 x 5 inch negative; 8 x 10 inch print 1983 Sturgis
Item Number
BL006271
Finding Aid
umich-bhl-92324
Source of Title
verso
Scan Source
4.7 x 3.6 inches original negative
Repository
Bentley Historical Library
Date Added/Updated
2018-06-01 16:00:02

Technical Details

Image Size
4381 x 5673
File Size
5 MB
Record
BL006271
Link to this Item
https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl006271/bl006271

Rights and Permissions

Creative Commons License
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License

Manifest
https://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/i/image/api/manifest/bhl:BL006271:BL006271

Cite this Item

View the Help Guide for more information.

Full citation
"North Hall and Museum Annex (Old Homeopathic Hospital and Nurse's Quarters), ca. 1928-1930; BL006271". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl006271/bl006271. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed October 05, 2022.