North Hall and Museum Annex (Old Homeopathic Hospital and Nurse's Quarters), ca. 1928-1930 / BL006271
About this Item
- North Hall and Museum Annex (Old Homeopathic Hospital and Nurse's Quarters), ca. 1928-1930
- 1928/1930 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- Ivory Photo photograph collection
- Collection Creator
- Ivory Photo (Firm)
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- North Hall & Museums Annex (Old Hospital & Nurses' Quarters)
- Photographer / Artist
- Ivory Photo (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- Stanton & Kirby, architecture firm. Built between 1899-1900. The Homeopathic Hospital was housed in this building until the Homeopathic Medical College was discontinued in 1922. In May, 1926, the building was designated by the Regents as "South Department Hospital." The Regents' Proceedings for September, 1940, notes that "in view of the fact that the South Department of the University Hospital, so-called, is no longer used for hospital purposes but is occupied by the University Extension Service, the Naval R.O.T.C. unit the building was redesignated as North Hall." From 1949-1951 Army and Air Force R.O.T.C. also were also housed in the building. In 2015, the building was demolished to allow for construction of the Biological Sciences Building.
- Inscribed on verso: "(Later) Museums Annex (right) & part of North Hall (Old Hospital, South Dept.)."
- 4 x 5 inch negative; 8 x 10 inch print 1983 Sturgis
- South Department Hospital (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan. University Hospital
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1921-1930
- Ann Arbor (Mich.)
- Hospitals--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 4.7 x 3.6 inches original negative
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2018-06-01 16:00:02
- Image Size
- 4381 x 5673
- File Size
- 5 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Individuals depicted in an image may retain personal pbulicity rights. If you have questions about the image or collection, please contact the BHL-Reference Dept. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, pleasecontact BHL-Image Bank.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"North Hall and Museum Annex (Old Homeopathic Hospital and Nurse's Quarters), ca. 1928-1930; BL006271". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl006271/bl006271. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed February 05, 2023.