- Store interior in Charlevoix, Mich.
- 1880/1890 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- Michigan Photographers Society
- Collection Creator
- Michigan Photographers Society.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Folder 1: (Robert C. Miles, Charlevoix)
- caption: The old oaken bucket,/The brass-banded bucket,/The new, unused bucket/That hung there to sell.-Unsentimental Ballads. Because the stores of the Eighties and Nineties were comparatively small the merchants invariably utilized the ceilings for the display of much of their merchandise, as can be seen in the interior photograph above, where brooms and buckets, lunch boxes and coffee pots, sprinkling cans and scrub boards, rakes hoes, etc. are suspended.
- Charlevoix (Mich.)
- Charlevoix County (Mich.)
- Stores & shops--Michigan--Charlevoix
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 8 x 10 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:33:35
29220 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
- Add to Portfolio