- Computer Center
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan News and Information Services Photographs
- Collection Creator
- University of Michigan. News and Information Services. Photographs.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Computing Center #1317 neg #4
- Photographer / Artist
- University of Michigan. News and Information Service.
- First established in 1959 as part of the Statistical and Computing Laboratory of the Graduate School, and after July 1, 1959 as an independent center within the Horace Rackham School of Graduate Studies. The Computing Center's first facility was located in remodeled space in the North University Building at 1205 North University Avenue. The Center moved to a new facility designed by Tarapata, MacMahon & Paulson on North Campus in 1971.
- Image shows IBM704 Computer printer transcribes computer's results from tape onto paper; background units contain tapes to be transcribed. Working left to right: Alex Veliko, computer operator; Bruce Arden, research associate; Bernard Galler, Assistant Professor of math, seated.
- Galler, Bernard A., 1928-
- Arden, Bruce W.
- Veliko, Alex
- Computing Center (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Faculty
- Computational laboratories
- Interiors--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Laboratories--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Source of Title
- negative sleeve
- Scan Source
- Photo CD from 35mm b/w negative
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:12:03
32533 images/descriptions are openly available.
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License