Law Library, University of Michigan / BL005528
About this Item
- Law Library, University of Michigan
- Collection Title
- Penrod/Hiawatha Company postcard collection
- Collection Creator
- Penrod/Hiawatha Company.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Folder: Ann Arbor
- Photographer / Artist
- John Penrod
- York & Sawyer, architecture firm. The William W. Cook Legal Research Building (also known as the Legal Research Library or Law Library) was completed in 1931, the third of the four buildings William W. Cook gave to form the Law Quadrangle, built between 1924-1933. In 1955, the original six level stackroom was increased to ten levels. The underground Allan F. and Alene Smith Law Library Addition designed by Gunnar Birkerts Associates was completed in 1981. The additional three original buildings comprising the Law Quadrangle with their construction dates are: the Lawyers' Club, 1924; the John P. Cook Dormitory, 1930; and Hutchins Hall, 1933. In January 2012, the Law Quadrangle was enlarged with the addition of South Hall and Aikens Commons.
- On verso: "University of Michigan at Ann Arbor. The stately Law Library is one of the landmarks on the lovely southern Michigan campus."
- Law Quadrangle (University of Michigan)
- Legal Research Building (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Ann Arbor (Mich.)
- Libraries--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 4x6 color postcard
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:10:30
- Image Size
- 3550 x 2356
- File Size
- 1 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The Bentley Historical Library provides access to this image for educational and research purposes. This image may be under copyright. Individuals depicted in an image may retain personal publicity rights. If you decide to use this image, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the image or collection, please contact the BHL-Reference Dept. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, pleasecontact BHL-Image Bank.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Law Library, University of Michigan; BL005528". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl005528/bl005528. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed January 27, 2023.