- The University of Michigan Stadium
- Collection Title
- Penrod/Hiawatha Company postcard collection
- Collection Creator
- Penrod/Hiawatha Company.
- Box / Drawer
- Folder / Container / Volume
- Folder: Ann Arbor
- Photographer / Artist
- Dale Fisher
- Bernard Green (UM Eng. 1891) of the Osborn Engineering Company of Cleveland, lead architect. Also known as "The Big House," excavation for the stadium began in September 1926 and construction was completed by October 1927. The stadium has undergone numerous improvements and renovations, which include an expansion project by the architectural firm Venturi, Scott-Brown and Associates in 1997; and another renovation and expansion project by the firm HNTB Architecture in 2010.
- Kenneth C. Black and Daniel L. Dworsky, architects. Crisler Arena construction completed in 1967 with multiple renovations starting in 1998. Originally called the University Events Building and was renamed Crisler Arena in 1970. In 2012, with the addition of the The William Davidson Player Development Center, the name was changed to Crisler Center.
- On verso: "A bird's eye view of the beautiful setting of the main campus at Ann Arbor, with its magnificent football stadium and Crisler Arena. The stadium, built into the ground, seats 101,000 spectators and is considered to be the safest in existence."
- Crisler Arena (University of Michigan)
- Michigan Stadium (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Aerial views
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Ann Arbor (Mich.)
- Arenas--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Sports spectators--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Stadiums--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Aerial photographs; Postcards;
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 4x6 color postcard
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:10:29
30928 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law.
- Add to Portfolio
- In public portfolios
- Ford School History items: 41, owner: caitlinf