- Plaque for Old Mason Hall
- 1950 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImus D13 Folder: Mason Hall (built 1841) no. 234
- Photographer / Artist
- University of Michigan. News and Information Service.
- Plaque given by the Sarah Caswell Angell chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution to commemorate Mason Hall. The first University building devoted to instruction, the building was known as the University Building upon completion in 1841. It was both dormitory and classroom facility. It was named after Govenor Stevens T. Mason in 1843. In 1856 the central part of the North Wing was renovated to house the University Library and Museum. A similar building was erected to the South. University Hall (built 1871-1873) connected the two buildings, which then were referred to as South Wing and North Wing. Mason Hall, South Wing and University Hall were removed in 1950.
- Mason Hall (University of Michigan : 1841-1950)
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 10 x 8 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:32:13
30646 images/descriptions are openly available.
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Add to Portfolio