- Mason Hall
- 1871 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImus D13 Folder: Mason Hall (built 1841). no.234
- Mason Hall, first University building devoted to instruction was known as the University Building upon completion in 1841 in time for fall classes. It was both dormitory and classroom facility. It was named after Govenor Stevens T. Mason in 1843. In 1856 the central part of Noth Wing was renovated to house the University Library and Museums. A similar building was erected to the South. University Hall (built 1871-1873) connected the two buildings, which then were referred to as South Wing and North Wing. Mason Hall, South Wing and University Hall were removed in 1950.
- Mason Hall (University of Michigan : 1841-1950)
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 6 x 8 mounted oval albumen print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:32:33
30646 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.
- Add to Portfolio
- In public portfolios
- Centennial items: 175, owner: phmccune