Women's Physical Education / BL005258
About this Item
- Women's Physical Education
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Margaret Bell pool. no. 232
- Photographer / Artist
- University of Michigan. News and Information Service.
- Black & Black with Alden B. Dow, architects. The Women's Swimming Pool was dedicated on April 17, 1954 and in May 1966, named in honor of Margaret Bell. The swimming pool was originally a unit of the Women's Athletic Building, which was demolished in 1974 and replaced by the Central Campus Recreation Building.
- On verso: "H. O. (Fritz) Crisler speaking at ground breaking for women's swimming pool unit."
- Crisler, H. O. (Herbert Orin), 1899-1982
- Women's Athletic Building (University of Michigan)
- Women's Swimming Pool (University of Michigan)
- Ground breaking ceremonies--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Public speaking--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 5 x 4 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:31:05
- Image Size
- 4800 x 3422
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Women's Physical Education; BL005258". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl005258/bl005258. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed August 14, 2022.