- McMath-Hulbert Observatory [Lake Angelus, MI]
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Observatory is near Lake Angelus, Mich. (five miles north of Pontiac). 24" reflecting telescope began operations in July 1930; also included a 10 1/2" reflector. Established and deeded to the university by Robert R. McMath, Francis McMath, and Judge Henry S. Hulbert. An additional 50' tower telescope was added in 1935/ 1946 and 70' tower telescope and office building added in 1940. Image is photograph of a painting.
- McMath-Hulbert Observatory (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Lake Angelus (Mich.)
- Astronomical observatories--Michigan--Lake Angelus
- Towers--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 10 x 8 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:30:18
26258 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law. For further information contact Bentley Historical Library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Add to Portfolio