- Architecture Building
- 1930/1940 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Lorch Hall. no. 228
- Emil Lorch & Associates, architect. Construction began in 1926 and was complete in 1928. Originally called the Architecture Building, later called Architecture & Design, and was renamed Lorch Hall ca. 1980. The Doric columns were once part of the oldest stone building in Detroit, the Bank of Michigan, built 1836. The Corinthian column was from the Home Office Bldg. of the Mutual Benefit Life Insurance Co. of Newark, N.J.
- Architecture Building (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Columns--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Title on mount
- Scan Source
- 6 x 8 mounted print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:30:32
30646 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law.