School of Architecture & Design / BL005238
About this Item
- School of Architecture & Design
- 1930/1940 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Lorch Hall. no. 228
- Emil Lorch & Associates, architecture firm. Originally called the Architecture Building, later called Architecture & Design, and was renamed Lorch Hall ca. 1980.
- The Doric columns were once part of the oldest stone building in Detroit, the Bank of Michigan, built 1836. The Corinthian column was from the Home Office Bldg. of the Mutual Benefit Life Insurance Co. of Newark, N.J.
- Architecture Building (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1931-1940
- Columns--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 8 x 10 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:30:45
- Image Size
- 4800 x 6964
- File Size
- 4 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
- In public portfolios
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"School of Architecture & Design; BL005238". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl005238/bl005238. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed October 03, 2022.