Botanical Garden and Library, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich. / BL005208
About this Item
- Botanical Garden and Library, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- 1904 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Library (built 1883). Views from northeast and southeast including views of Botanical Gardens. no. 224
- Ware and Van Brunt, architect. An addition to the library was built to the south in 1898. The 1883 portion was torn down in 1918.
- The Botanical Garden near the library was established in 1897 by Professors Julius O. Schlotterbeck and Volney M. Spaulding.
- Handwritten on front: "This was the last spot visited by N.B.G.S. August 18th 1900."
- Botanical Garden (University of Michigan)
- Library (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1901-1910
- Bell towers--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Botanical gardens--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Clock towers--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Libraries--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 5 1/2 x 3 1/2 postcard
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:31:59
- Image Size
- 4788 x 2887
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Botanical Garden and Library, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich.; BL005208". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl005208/bl005208. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed September 30, 2022.