The John P. Cook building in March, 1930; In the background, frame of the Legal Research Library. / BL005147
About this Item
- The John P. Cook building in March, 1930; In the background, frame of the Legal Research Library.
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Law Quadrangle. no. 218
- York & Sawyer, architecture firm. The John P. Cook Dormitory was completed in 1930, the second of four buildings William W. Cook gave to form the Law Quadrangle, built between 1924-1933. The building is named for John P. Cook, the father of William Cook. The additional three original buildings comprising the Law Quadrangle with their construction dates are: the Lawyers' Club, 1924; the Legal Research Building, 1931; and Hutchins Hall, 1933. In January 2012, the Law Quadrangle was enlarged with the addition of South Hall and Aikens Commons.
- John P. Cook Dormitory (University of Michigan)
- Law Quadrangle (University of Michigan)
- Legal Research Building (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Aerial views--1921-1930
- University of Michigan--Building--1921-1930
- University of Michigan--Student housing--1921-1930
- University of Michigan. Law School
- Construction--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Dormitories--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Aerial views;
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 9 1/2 x 8 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:30:53
- Image Size
- 6798 x 4800
- File Size
- 4 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The Bentley Historical Library provides access to this image for educational and research purposes. This image may be under copyright. Individuals depicted in an image may retain personal publicity rights. If you decide to use this image, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the image or collection, please contact the BHL-Reference Dept. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, pleasecontact BHL-Image Bank.
- In public portfolios
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"The John P. Cook building in March, 1930; In the background, frame of the Legal Research Library.; BL005147". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl005147/bl005147. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed February 06, 2023.