U.M. Laundry Dept. / BL005127
About this Item
- U.M. Laundry Dept.
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Laundry. no. 217
- Buildings and Grounds Department (University of Michigan), architect. The first Laundry building was constructed in 1891 and located northwest of Palmer Ward. This building was later used as a contagious ward for the University Hospital, and then demolished in 1914. In 1897, Laundry was moved to the south end of Palmer Ward and then in 1900 to the west end of the Boiler House. A second Laundry building was constructed in 1917 and enlarged in 1926 and then again in 1938.
- Four captioned images on page entitled "First Floor." Includes: "Flat Work Ironer," "Laundry Room N. W.," "Washer Room," and "Perry Extractors."
- Laundry (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1931-1940
- University of Michigan--Employees
- Laborers--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Laundries--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Interiors--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 11 x 8 print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:30:15
- Image Size
- 7414 x 4794
- File Size
- 5 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"U.M. Laundry Dept.; BL005127". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl005127/bl005127. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed October 04, 2022.