Intramural Building UM / BL005109
About this Item
- Intramural Building UM
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Intramural Sports Building. no. 212
- Smith, Hinchman & Grylls Associates, architecture firm. Inspired by Fielding H. Yost's enthusiasm and support of athletics for all, this building opened in October 1928 and was the first university-owned structure in the nation devoted primarily to intramural sports (Encyclopedic Survey, p. 1988).
- On verso: "Received from A.M. Leslie, Ch. E. Sc. '38."
- Intramural Sports Building (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1931-1940
- Arches--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 7 x 4 1/2 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:30:49
- Image Size
- 4800 x 3733
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The Bentley Historical Library provides access to this image for educational and research purposes. This image may be under copyright. Individuals depicted in an image may retain personal publicity rights. If you decide to use this image, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the image or collection, please contact the BHL-Reference Dept. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, pleasecontact BHL-Image Bank.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Intramural Building UM; BL005109". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl005109/bl005109. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed January 27, 2023.