- U of M Allopathic Hospital
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Institute for Social Research Bldg. (Catherine St., built 1891) no. 209.
- Photographer / Artist
- Gibson, J. Jefferson
- Chamberlin & Austin, architecture firm. The easternmost of two similar buildings built in 1891 on Catherine St. (The western building had a straight north facade; this building a rounded north facade). From 1900-1925, the western building housed the West Medical Ward and the eastern building housed the Surgical Ward. From 1891-1900, the eastern building housed the Allopathic Hospital (also called University Hospital); 1925-1944, the East Convalescent Ward; 1944-1950, the Rapid Treatment Center; and 1950-1965, the Institute for Social Research. It was removed in 1965.
- Image from the north or rear.
- Catherine Street Hospital Group (University of Michigan)
- Surgical Ward (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1901-1910
- Hospitals--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Albumen prints;
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 8 1/2 x 6 photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:29:46
32032 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law.
- Add to Portfolio
- In public portfolios
- Gibson Photos items: 109, owner: gkinney