Inglis House / BL005088
About this Item
- Inglis House
- 1950/1960 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Inglis House. no. 208
- Lilburn L. Woodworth, architect. Built in 1927 for Elizabeth and James Inglis, "The Highlands," as they called it, was given to the University of Michigan in 1950 by Elizabeth H. Inglis. The estate at 2301 Highland Rd. comprises 8 1/2 acres and includes a caretaker's cottage and greenhouse. For many years, the university used the house for official visitors.
- This image shows: river side, north. People also in image.
- Inglis House (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1951-1960
- Dwellings--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Houses--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 5 x 4 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:29:19
- Image Size
- 3431 x 4767
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The Bentley Historical Library provides access to this image for educational and research purposes. This image may be under copyright. Individuals depicted in an image may retain personal publicity rights. If you decide to use this image, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the image or collection, please contact the BHL-Reference Dept. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, pleasecontact BHL-Image Bank.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Inglis House; BL005088". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl005088/bl005088. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed February 01, 2023.