Inglis House / BL005087
About this Item
- Inglis House
- 1950/1960 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Inglis House. no. 208
- Lilburn L. Woodworth, architect. Built in 1927 for Elizabeth and James Inglis, "The Highlands," as they called it, was given to the University of Michigan in 1950 by Elizabeth H. Inglis. The estate at 2301 Highland Rd. comprises 8 1/2 acres and includes a caretaker's cottage and greenhouse. For many years, the university used the house for official visitors.
- This image shows: garden, south side. People also in image.
- Inglis House (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1951-1960
- University of Michigan--Students--1951-1960
- Dwellings--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Houses--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 5 x 4 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:29:18
- Image Size
- 4776 x 3446
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Inglis House; BL005087". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl005087/bl005087. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 07, 2022.