Hill Auditorium / BL005045
About this Item
- Hill Auditorium
- 19280229 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Hill Auditorium. no. 204
- Photographer / Artist
- George R. Swain (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Albert Kahn and Ernest Wilby, architects. Constructed on the site of the old Winchell House on North University Avenue. The building was completed in 1913 and is named after Regent Arthur Hill, who bequeathed more than half the cost of the building. Originally seated an audience of 4,300 and housed the original Frieze Memorial Organ from 1913-1928. When the organ was replaced, the name was retained. The building was renovated from 2002-2004 by Albert Kahn Associates (Project Architects & Engineers) and Quinn Evans/Architects (Historic Preservation Architects).
- On verso: "Please return to Shirley W. Smith, Secy. & Bus. Manager, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Mich."
- Hill Auditorium (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1921-1930
- Auditoriums--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Automobiles--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Columns--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Friezes (Ornamental bands)--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 10 x 8 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:28:51
- Image Size
- 7027 x 4800
- File Size
- 4 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
- In public portfolios
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Hill Auditorium; BL005045". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl005045/bl005045. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed October 02, 2022.