Hill Auditorium, Ann Arbor / BL005043
About this Item
- Hill Auditorium, Ann Arbor
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Hill Auditorium. no. 204
- Albert Kahn and Ernest Wilby, architects. Constructed on the site of the old Winchell House on North University Avenue. The building was completed in 1913 and is named after Regent Arthur Hill, who bequeathed more than half the cost of the building. Originally seated an audience of 4,300 and housed the original Frieze Memorial Organ from 1913-1928. When the organ was replaced, the name was retained. The building was renovated from 2002-2004 by Albert Kahn Associates (Project Architects & Engineers) and Quinn Evans/Architects (Historic Preservation Architects).
- Image is faded.
- Hill Auditorium (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1911-1920
- Ann Arbor (Mich.)
- Auditoriums--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Automobiles--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Carriages & coaches--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Horses--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 4 1/2 x 3 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:27:42
- Image Size
- 4837 x 2959
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Hill Auditorium, Ann Arbor; BL005043". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl005043/bl005043. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed October 06, 2022.