Newberry Residence / BL005038
About this Item
- Newberry Residence
- 1932/1940 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImu D13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Helen Newberry Residence. no. 202
- Photographer / Artist
- Graphic Arts Corporation of Ohio
- Albert Kahn and Ernest Wilby, architects. G. E. Christman Co., contractor. The building was completed in 1914 and remodeled in 1934. It was the first dormitory for women on the University of Michigan campus. Building funds donated by Truman H. Newberry, John S. Newberry, and Mrs. Henry Newberry Joy in memory of their mother, Helen Handy.
- Label on verso: "Graphic Arts Corporation of Ohio. Design. Fine Printing Papers. Illustration. 110 Ottawa Street. Toledo 4, Ohio. Stamp on verso: Return to University of Michigan News Service. Ann Arbor, Michigan."
- Helen Handy Newberry Residence (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1931-1940
- University of Michigan--Students--1931-1940
- Bicycles & tricycles--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Dormitories--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 10 x 8 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:28:48
- Image Size
- 7060 x 4800
- File Size
- 4 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
- In public portfolios
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Newberry Residence; BL005038". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl005038/bl005038. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed September 27, 2022.