- Heating Plant
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImu D13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Heating Plant (built 1879, near University Hall). no. 201
- Photographer / Artist
- Allen Lysander Colton (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- Gordon William Lloyd, architect. In 1879 a campus heating plant and coal sheds were built on central campus just east of University Hall. In 1894, a new heating plant (Boiler House) was built at the southeast corner of central campus. The University Hall heating plant was then used by Buildings and Grounds from 1894-1915. From 1915-1923 the building was used as a fire station.
- On verso: "Photographed in 1887 by A. L. Conton of '89."
- Campus Heating Plant (University of Michigan)
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1881-1890
- Carts & wagons--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Doors & doorways--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Heating plants--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Smokestacks--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Walkways--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Albumen prints;
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 6 1/4 x 8 mounted photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:28:21
30928 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image is in the public domain and may be used without permission. Kindly provide attribution to the University of Michigan Bentley Historical Library.