- Michigan League
- 1950 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Michigan League and Lydia Mendelssohn Theatre, Interior and Exterior Views. no. 242
- Photographer / Artist
- University of Michigan. News and Information Service.
- Pond & Pond with Martin & Lloyd, architects. The Michigan League opened on May 4, 1929. To eliminate confusion between the Women's League as an organization and the Michigan League building, the administration of the building and the student organization were combined under the title Michigan League in 1934-35. In 1992, the Michigan League became one of three University Unions. The Lydia Mendelssohn Theater is within the Michigan League.
- On verso: "The Michigan League at the University of Michigan is the social center for women. It houses the Lydia Mendelssohn Theater, a dining room, cafeteria, game and hotel rooms [typed]. RETURN TO UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN NEWS SERVICE, ANN ARBOR, MICHIGAN [stamp]."
- Image shows view of the Michigan League taken from the east probably on the roof of Hill Auditorium or from Burton Tower.
- Michigan League
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1941-1950
- Automobiles--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Fountains--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Sculpture--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 10 x 8 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:31:44
32712 images/descriptions are openly available.
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Add to Portfolio
- In public portfolios
- UM 1954 items: 34, owner: phmccune