- U. of M. League Bldg.
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Michigan League and Lydia Mendelssohn Theatre, Interior and Exterior Views. no. 242
- Photographer / Artist
- George F. Korwin
- Pond & Pond with Martin & Lloyd, architects. The Michigan League opened on May 4, 1929. To eliminate confusion between the Women's League as an organization and the Michigan League building, the administration of the building and the student organization were combined under the title Michigan League in 1934-35. In 1992, the Michigan League became one of three University Unions. The Lydia Mendelssohn Theater is within the Michigan League.
- On image: "U. of M. LEAGUE BLDG. POND & POND, MARTIN & LLOYD ARCH'S. LOVERING-LONGBOTHAM CONT'S MARCH 3, 1928 FROM NW COR. MAIN BLDG. PHOTO BY KORWIN, ANN ARBOR. 729."
- On verso: "GEO.F.KORWIN COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPHER ANN ARBOR, MICH. DIAL 4829 NEGATIVE NO. 729. [circular stamp]."
- Image shows view from the northwest corner with construction site and crane lifting metal frame. Korwin negative number 729.
- Michigan League
- University of Michigan--Building--1921-1930
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1921-1930
- Construction--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Construction workers--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Hoisting machinery
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Progress photographs;
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 9 1/2 x 7 1/2 mounted b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:31:43
32373 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law.