U. of M. League Bldg. / BL004742
About this Item
- U. of M. League Bldg.
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Michigan League and Lydia Mendelssohn Theatre, Interior and Exterior Views. no. 242
- Photographer / Artist
- George F. Korwin
- Pond & Pond with Martin & Lloyd, architects. The Michigan League opened on May 4, 1929. To eliminate confusion between the Women's League as an organization and the Michigan League building, the administration of the building and the student organization were combined under the title Michigan League in 1934-35. In 1992, the Michigan League became one of three University Unions. The Lydia Mendelssohn Theater is within the Michigan League.
- On image: "U. of M. LEAGUE BLDG. POND & POND, MARTIN & LLOYD ARCH'S. LOVERING-LONGBOTHAM CONT'S. MARCH 3, 1928 SHOWING B'M'T' FORMS, SO. WING. PHOTO BY KORWIN, ANN ARBOR 731."
- Verso: "GEO.F. KORWIN COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPHER ANN ARBOR, MICH. DIAL 4829 NEGATIVE NO. 731 [circular stamp]."
- Image shows wooden forms for basement, south wing.
- Michigan League
- University of Michigan--Building--1901-1910
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1901-1910
- Construction--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Construction workers--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 9 1/2 x 7 1/2 mounted b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:31:42
- Image Size
- 6518 x 5503
- File Size
- 5 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"U. of M. League Bldg.; BL004742". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl004742/bl004742. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed December 10, 2022.