- Dedication of Michigan Union wing
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Michigan Union (built 1919), interior views. no. 247
- Photographer / Artist
- University of Michigan. News and Information Service.
- Irving Kane and Allen B. Pond, architects. Plans for the Union were on a scale unknown at the time for "club houses" in American colleges and universities: 250 feet long and 200 feet wide. Construction began in 1916 and owing to war time difficulties was not ready to be used by students until 1919. Two new wings to the south were completed in 1936 and 1938. Verso: Dedication of $2,900,000 Union Wing Oct. 30, 1954. Edward Parker, first Union president, Tom Leopold, "55, Union president. 10 AM stone laying ceremony part of the weekend observance of the Golden Anniversary of the Union.
- Michigan Union
- University of Michigan--Buildings
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 8 x 10 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:31:40
30092 images/descriptions are openly available.
© Regents of the University of Michigan. This work is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- Add to Portfolio