Michigan Union ballroom / BL004731
About this Item
- Michigan Union ballroom
- 1951 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Michigan Union (built 1919), interior views. no. 247
- Allen B. and Irving K. Pond, of Chicago, architects. Construction for the Michigan Union began in 1916. Previously, the renovated residence of Judge Thomas M. Cooley was used as the Union clubhouse. Before the four-story building officially opened for student use in 1919, it was used in a partially finished state as a barracks for the Students' Army Training Corps. By 1925, the pool in the basement and the library on the second floor of the building were completed. Several additions were made to the Union in the 1930's and 1950's.
- Verso: "Union ballroom decorated for inauguration of Harlan Hatcher."
- Hatcher, Harlan Henthorne, 1898- --Inauguration, 1951
- Michigan Union
- Ballrooms--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Interiors--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Light fixtures
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 5 x 4 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:31:47
- Image Size
- 4803 x 3102
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
The Bentley Historical Library provides access to this image for educational and research purposes. This image may be under copyright. Individuals depicted in an image may retain personal publicity rights. If you decide to use this image, you are responsible for making your own legal assessment and securing any necessary permission. If you have questions about the image or collection, please contact the BHL-Reference Dept. If you have concerns about the inclusion of an item in this collection, pleasecontact BHL-Image Bank.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Michigan Union ballroom; BL004731". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl004731/bl004731. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed February 04, 2023.