So. Univ. & State the day of the Chicago game, Nov. 13 / BL004691
About this Item
- So. Univ. & State the day of the Chicago game, Nov. 13
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Michigan Union (built 1919), exterior views. no. 246
- Allen B. and Irving K. Pond, of Chicago, architects. Construction for the Michigan Union began in 1916. Previously, the renovated residence of Judge Thomas M. Cooley was used as the Union clubhouse. Before the four-story building officially opened for student use in 1919, it was used in a partially finished state as a barracks for the Students' Army Training Corps. By 1925, the pool in the basement and the library on the second floor of the building were completed. Several additions were made to the Union in the 1930's and 1950's.
- Image shows view from southeast toward State Street.
- Michigan Union
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1911-1920
- South University Avenue (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 6 x 3 1/2 b/w photograph of architectural drawing
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:32:23
- Image Size
- 4803 x 2987
- File Size
- 2 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"So. Univ. & State the day of the Chicago game, Nov. 13; BL004691". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl004691/bl004691. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed August 12, 2022.