Wrecking old Cooley House [Michigan Union site] / BL004684
About this Item
- Wrecking old Cooley House [Michigan Union site]
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Michigan Union (Thomas M. Cooley House) no. 245
- Photographer / Artist
- Daines (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- The residence of Judge Thomas M. Cooley became the first home for the Michigan Union. The house was renovated in 1906-1907, opened for student use in 1907, and in 1912 an addition was built. In 1916, the original house was razed to make room for a new Michigan Union building, which opened in 1919. The 1912 addition was moved to the north and used as a ballroom for a time.
- On verso: "Summer 1916."
- Image view from southwest. Image is creased and torn upper right and lower left.
- Michigan Union
- University of Michigan--Building--1911-1920
- Construction--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Construction workers--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Demolition--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Houses--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 9 1/2 x 7 1/2 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:29:41
- Image Size
- 6766 x 4800
- File Size
- 4 MB
- Link to this Item
Rights and Permissions
This image may be protected by copyright law.
Cite this Item
View the Help Guide for more information.
- Full citation
"Wrecking old Cooley House [Michigan Union site]; BL004684". https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhl/x-bl004684/bl004684. University of Michigan Library Digital Collections. Accessed October 05, 2022.