- Michigan Union, site of. Home of Judge Thomas M. Cooley, Michigan, 1851 State Street
- 1906/1907 (ca.)
- Collection Title
- University of Michigan Photographs Vertical File
- Collection Creator
- Bentley Historical Library (collector)
- Folder / Container / Volume
- UBImusD13. Folder: Campus Buildings. Michigan Union (Thomas M. Cooley House) no. 245
- Photographer / Artist
- Daines (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- The residence of Judge Thomas M. Cooley became the first home for the Michigan Union. The house was renovated in 1906-1907, opened for student use in 1907, and in 1912 an addition was built. In 1916, the original house was razed to make room for a new Michigan Union building, which opened in 1919. The 1912 addition was moved to the north and used as a ballroom for a time.
- On verso: "Mrs. Baker."
- Michigan Union
- University of Michigan--Buildings--1901-1910
- Dwellings--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Fences--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Houses--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Snow--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Universities & colleges--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Winter--Michigan--Ann Arbor
- Item Number
- Finding Aid
- Source of Title
- Scan Source
- 9 x 7 b/w photographic print
- Bentley Historical Library
- Date Added/Updated
- 2012-11-25 01:29:39
30928 images/descriptions are openly available.
This image may be protected by copyright law.
- Add to Portfolio
- In public portfolios
- CVC Michigan Union items: 10, owner: bhoeft